The fine folks at Adult Swim and Scion A/V have done it again! Not only have they compiled 16 rare or unreleased tracks from some of the best underground metal bands around, they're giving the compilation away FOR FREE!! Head over to AdultSwim.com to get your copy.
As if you needed even MORE incentive, check out Adult Swim's video for Skeletonwitch's "Bringers of Death," which features some very familiar looking zombies.
Thanks to Jason DeMarco for the hook-up!
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
My 10 Favorite ATP New York Moments
1. The ubiquity of Jim Jarmusch. He was everywhere: on line checking in, at the food court, chilling by the lake with his family.
2. Helen Money playing an electric cello—replete with effects pedals—in the hall lounge. The perfect thing to pass out to on one of Kutsher's many banquettes.
3. The marker smell outside of Tim Biskup's pop-up gallery and all the dirty (nsfw) karaoke posters it wrought.
4. The magic of Frankie Don. I hear he's moving on to the second stage next year.
5. Shellac live.
6. When Steve Albini got a special shout-out from the Breeders during their set, he happened to be standing next to me on the second tier. Only one other guy noticed. We looked at Albini, then each other, but neither of us addressed him. Dorks.
7. This recurring thought: "Did I really just watch Sleep play for two hours AFTER Iggy & the Stooges performed all of Raw Power?" Fuck yeah, I did.
8. Ron Jeremy was in the house to see Hope Sandoval. And he wore orange Crocs for the occasion.
9. Getting my body rocked by Altar, literally. The very definition of doom, this powerfully amplified set was not for the faint of heart.
|Altar, Jesse Sykes solo.|
10. Altar < GZA freestyling < dancing to Eddie Murphy's "Party All the Time" < Ron Jeremy photo op. In that order.
Lots more crappy snapshots here.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)