Monday, October 7, 2013

Countdown to New York Comic Con


Doesn't this NYCC App logo look like some shitty hardcore band's T-shirt?

It's almost that time of year again... New York Comic Con. And while I may not be the stereotypical con-goer (who IS a "typical" con attendee these days?), I am WAY excited about this weekend's festivities. Scanning through their app last night, I found some highlights I thought I'd share.

I. Celebs Galore
Since Joe Harris' X Files Season 10 comic series had inspired me to revisit the TV show on Netflix, it's actually quite exciting that both Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny will be appearing together at NYCC. Other A-listers include Patrick Stewart, Sigourney Weaver, Aisha Tyler, a ton of Walking Dead cast members (including Norman Reedus, meow!), The Office's BJ Novak, Chloe Grace Moretz, Felicia Day, George Romero, Kathy Najimy and William Shatner. And apparently Sylvester Stallone is charging $300 per pic. Go, Sly!

II. Wrestlemania
Your favorite '80s wrestlers are also coming through, specifically: Hulk Hogan, Sgt. Slaughter and Hacksaw Jim Duggan.

III. Metal People, What's Up?
The fine gentlemen of Metal Sucks (and Metal Injection) are teaming up with Vertebrae33 and are hosting signings with Monster Magnet's Dave Wyndorf and Anthrax's Frank Bello over the weekend.

IV: "Alt" Art or Attack the Block
In addition to hosting comics, manga, celebs and other vendors, NYCC has an area called "The Block" devoted to surrealist and pop art, collectible vinyls and toys, apparel and tons more. This is where I tend to spend WAY too much money at the Zero Friends and Kid Robot booths.

V: EXCLUSIVES
Besides "limited edition" is there another term that can get collectors' hearts to beat faster? Check out NYCC's listing right here.

If you see me at NYCC, say hi and hopefully I'll remember the last time we interacted. I'll be the shorter-in-person brunette with the fancy camera and the Press pass.

No comments: