Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Nine Inch Nails Waves Goodbye

As summer slips away, I've realized that these past few months have been punctuated by seeing acts that've shaped my youth and remain close to my heart—such as Ratt, Rancid, Hank III, Monster Magnet, and, of course, Nine Inch Nails. Perhaps the latter is the most important... after all, I don't remember listening to Ratt when I was on my way to take the SATs, as I did a well-worn copy of Pretty Hate Machine.

Last night at the heinous Terminal 5, I was reminded of what it was that made me fall in love with Trent Reznor's music in the first place: the aggression, the passion, the sheer demonic talent. And he got Peter Murphy, for whom he opened during NIN's first tour, to join the band onstage for three songs. The concert was amazing, almost three-hours long and made for a perfect goodbye celebration (though we ALL know this isn't the end of NIN).

Here are some photos I took on my zoom-free iPhone last night; for more pics check out the Flickr set.

And last but not least, thanks to the crazysexycool Nisha Gopalan for making our adventure a smooth, fun and sweaty one.

NIN

NIN

NIN

With Peter Murphy
NIN + Peter Murphy

No comments: